CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Blog and Store Links

Washing In Cold Water

Washing Laundry In Cold Water 
I have been a good steward of the earth since I was 10 years old, thanks to my friend Woodsy The Owl. I started a Give A Hoot Don't Pollute club, and joined a club called Earth Savers, but that was then. Now as a grown up, I have noticed a few inconsistencies from my childhood earth education, first off I now wash my own clothes, and I run the hot water more than I need too. This needed to stop, so for the past month I have been able to cut down the hot water use tremendously. The loads appear to be just as clean as the hot water loads, and "gasp" the clothes even look brighter. 

Some pointers, start the water and add then add the soap. Do this as the water in running, so the soap will dissolve with the running water. Pointer 2:  Use less soap, it is not necessary to use twice as much. Those pointers you might already know, but I thought I would point them out again. I have noticed a difference, not a huge one, but still a difference in my natural gas bill. I lowered my water heater from 145 to 120 and that will save allegedly 162 pounds of carbon dioxide gases from leaching into the environment. And running cold water instead of hot, will save another 500 lbs of co2 gas from being used, plus cold water uses 75% less energy to produce. Well  I hope you will join me in my efforts to consume less.

0 comments: