CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Blog and Store Links

M-Wave Double Day Tripper Bicycle Pannier Review

Review M Wave Panniers
I have wanted to write a review on the M-Wave panniers I purchased 6-months ago, but I haven't seemed to get around to it until now. I purchased them from Wal-Mart.com for $24.50 and they have a 4 1/2 star rating on the website. I like to start with the negative stuff and get it out of the way first, so here we go... The picture on the website showed an all black bag...they have changed the design and not the picture. The bags that came have a weird grey fabric on the flap, and it is flimsy. The rubber or plastic backing on the grey section came off and the bag is no longer waterproof and this is the only problem I have. Okay now onto the positive... The bags are huge, they are not only deep, they are wide as well. Some bags are one or the other these bags are both. The bags have a super sturdy plastic insert that makes the bags rigid and durable (aka NO DROOP). They have a great clip system to keep the bags from blowing open, and the clips also work very well at holding the bags to the rack.

Online there was a few negative reviews not about the bags getting caught in the spokes. But I believed their problems were caused by them not having the correct rack. These bags are huge, they need a sturdy rack. The bags fit extremely well on my dutch cargo rack as well as on my Public rear rack. They hang off the end of my Wald rack and I also found it difficult to stuff them full when they were not properly supported.  I also have skirt guards and fenders on my dutch bicycle and I believe that this is why I have not experienced any problems with the bags getting caught in the spokes. I also find the bags look kinda funny (too big) for my Huffy cruiser bicycle. But if you are not going for cutesie and are going for utilitarian then these bags will work for you.The bags were totally waterproof when I purchased them, and they still would be if the front sections rubber backing didn't rip. So if you take care of them they will be extremely useful, and more than worth the money. Overall I love my bags and I keep them on my bike 24/7 just in case I need them. I also find that the top is still available when the bags are closed and this allows you to carry extra goodies on top "pet food, toilet paper, etc." And the rigid inserts help to support the extra weight from anything you place on top.

0 comments: